The mission of the Japan Council of International Schools (JCIS) is:
To promote, support and improve English medium member schools serving the international community in Japan.
To pursue its mission, JCIS will:
1. facilitate the sharing of information, experience, good practice and initiatives for the benefit of all member schools;
2. represent the collective interests of member schools at the national level;
3. serve as an advocate for the interests of international schools in Japan;
4. liaise where appropriate with other regional and international associations;
5. serve as the collective memory of the international school movement in Japan.